Modern Mashup with Thrifted and New Fashion

If I took a closet inventory I’d venture to say about 70% of my goods are thrifted, vintage, and consignment, and the other 30% purchased new. Today’s outfit is a mix of some stellar thrifted pieces with a couple accessories I purchased new. One thing I love about thrifting is that it gives me more room in my fashion budget for quality essentials and trying fun trends.

This modern look is both polished and comfortable, perfect for a walk along the Portland waterfront or afterwork happy hour!

I love this plunging-neck geometric blouse for its flattering, defined waist-line and pockets. Pockets (not diamonds) are a girl’s best friend, after all. 😉 I paired it with black J.Crew skinny jeans, one of my closet staples, and some black floral wedges from Born that I can comfortably take a stroll in!

All of the above mentioned pieces are thrifted, so let’s get into what’s new! For trendy pieces that will quickly go in and out of fashion, like statement jewelry, I don’t like to over-invest. These fun tassel earrings were purchased new, and very inexpensively, at H&M.

TTOTT Waterfront-2

I spent a little more on this Steven Madden tote, but it was still fairly affordable, especially considering the sturdiness of the bag and how useful it is. It’s my go-to bag for travel, business meetings, and networking events because it holds A LOT. I can fit my MacBook, books, marketing materials, and personal items all into it effortlessly.

Plus, I love the cute tassel and zipper details… they make it just a little more fun and interesting than a plain black tote.

The Breakdown
Plunging V-neck Blouse – Thrifted for $8
Black Skinny Jeans – J.Crew, thrifted for $12
Wedges – Born, thrifted for $10
Tassel Earrings – H&M, $7
Tote – Steve Madden, $50

Total Cost $87

For well under a Benjamin, this mashup outfit makes a statement and is filled with versatile pieces than can be mixed and matched again and again to create different looks!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s